The brisk winter days are here to stay for the foreseeable future and we're bundling up in our coziest blankets and breaking out our favorite tasty dishes to keep us warm during the cold nights. We've found the best tomato soup recipe ever from the one and only Ree Drummond, courtesy of the Food Network. We hope you'll enjoy it and share with your friends and family!
1. Dice onion, melt butter in a large pot or dutch oven and throw in onion. Cook until translucent.
2. Dump in diced tomatoes and stir. Add tomato juice.
3. Put in three to six tablespoons of sugar. Start on low side, then taste and add more as needed.
4. Add one or two tablespoons chicken base to the pot.
5. Throw in lots of freshly ground black pepper, stir to combine and heat almost to a boil. Turn off heat.
6. If desired, now add in the sherry. Stir in the cream, sprinkle basil, parsley and stir.
7. Serve the soup warm. Yum!
- One medium white or yellow onion
- Six tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- Two 14.5- ounce cans diced tomatoes
- One 46-ounce bottle or can tomato juice
- Three to six tablespoons sugar
- One or two tablespoons chicken base, or three chicken bouillon cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One cup sherry (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley